I must admit, I enjoy watching makeover shows just as much as the next guy. But those makeovers, although they may seem almost miraculous, don’t have to be complicated or expensive. As the owner of a remodeling company, I get calls all the time from customers wishing to update their homes. They ask me how to bring their homes out of the 70’s, 80’s and 90’s. There are many things that can update your home and, at the same time, not break the bank. Here are a few ideas which we at Castle Painting and Home Services do for our customers on a regular basis.
- Remove popcorn ceiling. This is not a difficult job if you know what to do, but it is definitely a messy one. Our crews know how to protect your furniture and floors while removing the popcorn, texturing and painting your ceilings. You’d be surprised how a clean, white ceiling can make a room look brighter and more open!
- Replace outdated brass fixtures with new ones. There are many designs from inexpensive to outrageous, but you don’t need to look at either of those. A good, solid fixture can really change the look of a room. This can include changing the knobs on cabinets and drawers, the doorknobs around your home, the bathroom and shower faucets and handles, as well as lighting fixtures. Two of the most popular “colors” are brushed nickel and oiled bronze. We have many surprised customers when they see the new look these fixtures give their rooms.
- Replace Formica countertops with granite or quartz. What a difference these can make in kitchens. There is a wide range of prices here, too, so let us help you find the best deals.
- How about those old fiberglass or tile showers? Many people are replacing them with ceramic tiles. Ceramic is a porous material which needs regular upkeep because it soaks up water. You have to be concerned, too, about leaks and damage. We have a better solution – a solid cultured marble shower! There are few seams (only at the corners), there is virtually no upkeep, and the effect is stunning. There are many colors to choose from and the cost is comparable to a tile shower without the headaches and maintenance.
- Remove wallpaper. Wallpaper styles quickly change and yours can be out-of-date before you know it. It is a headache to remove (not if we do it for you!), but texturing and painting can really liven up your rooms.
- Speaking of painting, this is one of the easiest ways to bring your home into the new millennium. It is amazing how many colors are on the market. At Castle Painting and Home Services, we only use the best – Sherwin Williams Zero or low VOC paints, which are eco-friendly, virtually odorless, green products. Do you know that SW has more than 600 colors to choose from? That includes about 60 shades of white, 50 shades of beige and about 45 shades of gray! We can help you pick the shades that are right for you to create the mood you want in each room of your home. From vibrant and sociable to calm and peaceful, there is a color to match your mood.
If you want to update your home, give Castle Painting and Home Services a call today. We can give you a beautiful “new” home at a reasonable cost and without the headaches of doing it yourself. Call today for a free estimate – 214-725-3464 (and ask about our Spring Special when you call!)